Welcome to our Maths Page
At St Edwards, we aim to inspire all children to reach their full academic potential. In mathematics this means ensuring a curriculum that is purposeful, contextual and fully inclusive of all children. We strive to:
· Develops children’s knowledge and understanding of Maths through conceptual understanding: immersing the children in concrete, pictorial and abstract themes concurrently.
· Use prior knowledge and discuss their learning in order to be successful.
· Provide pupils with the opportunities and skills to work with independence.
· Give pupils opportunities to apply learnt mathematical skills in different contexts across the curriculum.
· Give pupils opportunities to develop their reasoning skills through context based exercises.
· Prepare pupils so they can apply mathematical skills effectively in everyday life situations, in their future learning and in the work place.
· Ensure all pupils have mathematical building blocks in place and provide a solid foundation to lead onto secondary, further and higher education.
The definitions in the glossary refer to the words and terms as they are used above.
Here are some websites you may find interesting or useful! Have an explore!
TT RockstarsPractice your tables
Supermovers KS1Be active during Maths
Supermovers KS2Be active during Maths
MathsbotSome great online manipulatives and questions.